Ever had one of those days when you felt like it was a really fruitful day, and everything just goes really well? Well, today was the day, despite a fucked up 0730 start it's wrapping up pretty well.
First, I got a 95% for my Engineering Exam despite initial doubts. Hah. Cocky motherfucker I know.
Then, I rode down to the Wabash and beyond, where I finally got my SSN application done and then popped by to this bike shop. This bike expert comes by and tells me, "Nice vintage bike."
With my sarcastic tone, I said thanks. You know, the kind of thanks where you simply cannot don't feel the sarcasm? Yeah anyway I found out later he wasn't sarcastic. Turns out my $25 bike was a '91 Fuji, which according to him is a good bike. Way to go assholes, who's the one laughing at your Mongooses and other Wal-Mart mountain bikes now huh?! Back to my story, I bought an LED light, and had a price estimate for doing up my bike. Brake cable, gear cables need to be replaced, wheels, pedals realigned, hub derusted, chain cleaned and lubricated. Sums up to $120, about 5 times the cost of the bike. Obviously it hasn't been done up.. yet.
Then I went to watch "Excellent Cadavers", an Italian mafia documentary about political mafia. Excellent cadavers refer to the atas high-up politicians and figureheads being assassinated by the mafioso in order to warn the rest. I almost fell asleep halfway but yeah, survived.
Now I'm back in my room enjoying the cool after-rain breeze and waiting for my sheng mian from Rice Cafe to come. Sheng mian leh! The crunchy-soggy shiokness of the thin crispy noodles, topped with eggy gravy and beef strips and the occasional veggie, sedap I tell you.
It would be best for me to wrap up this entry with photos from the Chicago trip, and probably some captions, but no, I'm a bitch. I'm just gonna post a question to you guys: which of the following would be the best greeting, and what's the most appropriate response?
1) "Hey, what's going on?"
2) "Hey, wassup?"
3) "Hey, how's it going?"
Because everytime people who recognise me pass by me, they'll ask either one and usually I'm too lazy to talk to anyone. So it's gonna be my turn someday when I ambush someone on the streets and go "(insert own option)" and they'll be like "errr.. err.. I've seen better."
Yes, revenge is sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment