Friday, April 17, 2009

Entry 53: Euro Trip

It's a long arduous countdown to my departure to the Schengen territories. Germany mainly, in Aachen to be specific (West of Germany near the coast). Before that I am flying off to Quebec, in this little town called Rimouski, and midway to Frankfurt probably stop by Birmingham.

Travelling has this allure that is hard to describe. The freedom to leave whenever I want to, the freedom to go whereever I want to, noone in my ears telling me when I should or should not take photos, eat local food, or go experience the nightlife. Noone to weigh me down while I experience the local lifestyle, no whining, no extra considerations, just me alone.

Austria for a weekend, VIP seats for Tiesto dammit! While I have the time, probably to Normandy beach and visit the American cemetery, the fabled one where this old man morphed into Tom Hanks.

And since I'm nearby, probably head over to St Mere-Eglise or those little towns that we have all heard of in Band of Brothers but don't quite know where it is.

Can't wait. But before that, exams are priority.

No comments: