Dear B,
As I sit here procrastinating about my homework, thinking about my future and wondering how I'm going to earn money to support myself, I can't help but think back on those days. Those days when we lived day by day, week after week, with nothing too grave or serious to worry about.
Those days when we would just walk over to each others' rooms, shout out a friendly profanity, steal each others' food, whip out a deck of cards and then talk about life in general. How we could have innocent, harmless mischief, slacking during runs, encouraging each other during long journeys. Days when we could sing aloud and laugh about it, sweating and hurting from pushing your limits or getting punished, yet it always seemed so much better than the outside world. Days when you know someone would always be there to watch out for your back, to stay in with you, to draw helicopters on op orders with you.
And as I sit here looking at how the outside world really is, I never once regretted spending that fraction of my lifetime with you, B. For sure, this letter is much shorter and written with less finesse, but they say that when you cannot accurately express with words what you want to say, then it truly comes from the heart.
Love,
Zherui
P.S. I did not ask you to fuck your mother's cheebye, so you should know who you are, B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment