Video Of The Moment: Aaron Smith feat. Luvli - Dancin'
Why: Cheesy sleazy generic sexy dancing aside, it's one of those smooth house types that get your groove on. For those who appreciate it at least. The rest can shove Good Charlotte/Daughtry/Panic! At The Disco/Generic White Band up your arse. House rules. Credibility from several thousands of hours of Guitar Hero.
It's Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone! Can Paypal me my angpow if you really have the sincerity, it's the thought that matters anyway isn't it (also means those owe money better pay me back soon, or I will curse your Rat year)? I got a packet of those mini-popiahs with hae bee hiam to sustain me for one day before I succumb to my rabbit sweets. And then it's Nachos and Orange Chicken to pretend it's CNY.
Been in touch with my classical roots lately. MY dad used to make me listen to classical music everyday that I came to have a liking for it. Till now I still remember famous pieces like Beethoven's 5th Symphony, or Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik and Rondo Alla Turca (piano one nicer, trust me. Harder to play also.), Vivaldi's Spring and Winter (allegro non molto), Grieg's Morning and such. Good for studying quadric surfaces and multivariate calculus.
And so while
It's like Mozart had a huge 'fro and sunglasses (a la Jimi Hendrix) back in Germany in those days, where he smoked pot and crack and played the piano. Just doesn't fit in. But the album was good. Relaxing, a bit lulling you to sleep at times but good in general.
My roommate has been on his Xbox playing Assassin's Creed for the past 12 hours already, I actually suspect it's his dead soul attempting to haunt me on the Xbox, while his body sits erect on the futon. But I know it's just me studying too much.
And once again, here's a list of books I've been wanting to read:
1) Stephen E Ambrose's D-Day. (I know, been harping on reading it for a long time but could never get past the 101st Airborne's landing in St. Mere Eglise.)
2) Carl Sagan's Cosmos. Bought it on Amazon for $0.50. 50 cents! Not quite sure what to expect (fiction or non-fiction) but either way it's about the cosmos, and seriously, who doesn't like Cosmopolitans?
3) Bill Bryson's A Short History Of Nearly Everything. It's like Stephen Hawking's A Brief History Of Time, but much less technical and much more light-hearted.
4) Homer's Odyssey. Not the rewritten into prose type. The atas poem type. I actually found this book lying around on a projector desk, but I got a very bad static shock when I picked it up. Must be karma. And karma is worth $25.
5) Richard P. Feynman's "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman." And I'm not joking when I say I've only read this book halfway. I'm an unfaithful scatterbrain.
And I ordered The Extras online! Fans of Ricky Gervais should also know this series that he produced apart from the original The Office. The WGA is still on strike and people are sad because they are sick of watching re-runs. Only Colbert and Jon Stewart are kind of new, and they write their own material. Anyhow, I've got Love Hina (which I finished watching), Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (courtesy of Daryl) and Full Metal Panic to accompany me through these tough times of exams and re-runs.

No comments:
Post a Comment