Saturday, April 19, 2008

Entry 33: Dreams Are MY Reality

I had a totally kickass dream last night, and 8 hours later I'm lucky enough that it's still ingrained in my cranium, because it was so weird and funny.

The dream started off with us somehow being in Cambodia, probably for a volunteering trip or something, that was way back in the middle of my REM cycle. Anyways, yes we were in Cambodia, surrounded by poor homeless kids with poor nutrition and poor sanitation. Us, in this particular case, referring to Zengsy, Ga, Daryl, Jignesh, Huimin, a whole lot of other people and me. A whole jing gang, whatever its spelt as.

So we did something illegal, probably trying to run across the border, or doing something stupid, it was still pretty far back then in my dream. We were all apprehended by the Cambodian government, which incidentally was made up of teenagers and kids with bandannas. They rounded us up, chucked us in a bus and brought us to this facility.

Now in the facility it looked like an office, until we did some paperwork and had to queue up for something. I was third in queue. Zengsy and Ga were first led into this small room with fluorescent lighting and two cubicles, both made of metal and having a chair (which was also made of metal). A teenager (or kid) was manning two levers on the wall that the chairs were facing, and a sign hung on the cubicle wall that said "Painless, Quick.." Now even though it was a dream my deduction abilities were still pretty good, and it didn't take me long to figure out it might have been an electric chair.

And true enough, the scene suddenly jumped to me being led into the room, and I say Zengsy's body being hauled out by one of the guards. And presumably the body bag stashed in a small metal slot against the wall contained Ga's body. So I was left alone, waiting to die (which nobody really wants to), and I was kind of crying because.. you just do when you are about to die for no reason. Anyway, I was left alone because the wardens had something to attend to for a moment, and at that split second I decided to take the risk and escape.

Dreams don't make sense, so I escape through the metal chute that Ga's body was stashed in. It led to a door, which when opened led to a field. On the field were a whole bunch of students, making it seem like a college orientation. I told the rest to escape as well, and alarms went off. I didn't know what happened to the rest but this guy suddenly came up to me and offered me some white robes which he tore from his own attire. Wrapping myself up and disguising as one of them freshmen, I met the rest of the (previously doomed) lot in the orientation as well.

Of course, it didn't take long before the guards and wardens caught up with us, and apprehended the rest of them again. I quickly donned a yellow shirt over my previous "criminal attire", but they saw through my guise. I thought to myself, "IF the previous time wasn't death, this would surely be it." And then while we were queuing up once again, I was in line near the end of the queue. That's when Zengsy and Ga suddenly appeared, and I was shocked and overjoyed. I actually went to hug Zengsy. "Those are not electric chairs," they told me.

So I asked out loud, so what are the electric chairs? Jignesh then told me, "Those are used for CAD (What the hell eh?)." So the lady at the check-in counter asked, "Oh you thought it was a death sentence? Haha no, we were just going to deport you guys back."

I felt like I was Punk'd in the dream or something, but it just felt so good seeing all my old friends in my dreams. Maybe it just means I really miss them.

No comments: