Quote Of The Day: "Man, I was so drunk last night." (Not me I swear!)
Sometimes, I would rather go to a My Chemical Romance concert and slit my wrists till I bleed and die from all the bad music than to discuss philosophy with someone who is not romantic enough to appreciate things like that. Few days back, I was talking with my friend back home about this movie called Waking Life. Just a brief introduction, Richard Linklater's Waking Life is a lot like his other movie A Scanner Darkly (which incidentally was a fantastic movie), digitally enhanced rotoscoped animation and whatnot. It's basically about this guy who has a lucid dream, observes and eventually discusses philosophy with the people he meets in his dreams.
One particular scene which struck me was the soliloquy of a lady with her friend in a cafeteria, talking about identity. The quote, I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) is something along the lines of
Our cells die and regenerate almost every minute, so essentially we aren't the same person anymore. So what then, truly, is identity?
Feeling slightly profound and enlightened at the same time, I decided to go online to find someone to talk to because I just had to get it out of my system. Nobody helps me with that anymore. Anyway, I asked him the same question, and he said
No what but some cells in your body don't regenerate.
After he gave my mind a wonderful blowjob, I retired back to my bed and listened to that damn Black Parade song. And boy did I take the lyrics seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment