Thursday, May 1, 2008

Entry 35

O Progeny of Heav'n, Empyreal Thrones,
With reason hath deep silence and demur
Seiz'd us, though undismay'd: long is the way
And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light;
Our prison strong, this huge convex of Fire,
Outrageous to devour, immures us round
Ninefold and gates of burning Adamant
Barred over us prohibit all egress. - John Milton, Paradise Lost


Not doing really well this semester, what with skipping lectures and not doing homework and working late nights and family issues. But yes, John Milton couldn't have said it any better. "Long is the way, and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light."

"No matter how tough it is, just remember that it will someday come to an end." Golden advice from an instructor back in Bravo. I can't remember who said it, but I believe it was said when we were all facing the floor. No wonder it's stuck in my head.

This semester I may not have learnt much about Cramer's Rule or Stoke's Theorem or bollocks like that. As I sit here after studying pointers and arrays and listening to my roommate blaring Call of Duty 4 during finals week, I feel happy. Happy because there will be none of this rubbish next semester when I move out. Happy because this semester sucked so bad, I really can't quite give a shit about anything right now.

I'm tired. One last exam.

No comments: