Day Of The Moment: June 2nd! MY BIRTHDAY!
Why: In 455 AD the Vandals plundered Rome for two weeks, and Ken Jennings won more than $3 million just playing Jeopardy, so why not?
"Today is the day of days, the night of nights," someone once said, and apparently it's a rather famous quote or I won't be quoting it. 40 seconds before the stroke of midnight Saurav called from St Joseph, Michigan to wish me happy birthday. On hindsight, he interrupted my Fool's Gold movie. Anyway, I think my dad would have won the who-calls-first competition if I heard his phone call in time. But still gotta love my dad, calling me at the stroke of midnight, I always thought that's what only JC girls would do to each other. And pussy-whipped boyfriends too.
And hairy Indian roommates. Thanks Saurav.
Then came the influx of Facebook wishes from almost everyone, until I was so tired of replying to everyone's wall posts. And at 3am Joan called me all the way from Down Under to wish me happy birthday. That's about how I spent most of my birthday morning.
Then the JBL speakers and alarm clock came! And then my presents from my parents and brother came! And then Praveen and I went to Bea One for sashimi and stuff. Now I just need a nice hot chick to drink gin tonics with me and my day will be complete.
But when I came back Junhong sent me this link on YouTube. It turned out to be a tribute to Miki Lau, my ex-colleague at Coastes. I didn't know him very well, but he great work ethic and was a fun gun to be with, along with Sky. He passed away after a road accident with a truck, not sure about the details but it was in the newspaper.
RIP Miki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
was it in the newspaper??? hmm...u still gt the link?
Post a Comment