Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Entry 56: Arriving in Aachen

So the past two days have been a mad rush, arriving in Aachen, meeting up with Pscal, my buddy, met up with Stefanie (however it's spelt here) and this other Michigan dude for lunch, moved into my new room.

Totally felt bummed out. Because I arrived with USD$20 and CND$15 I had absolutely no means of calling people, buying food, or going on the internet. No phone, no means of communication, no food, no water. No cash, meaning I can't pay rent. No Internet, meaning I can't check my credit card PIN status. No credit card, meaning I can't draw cash. See where the cycle ends? It doesn't. And I was in shambles.

So I had to scout 5 banks, each one telling me it's impossible to withdraw money without my PIN. Until CitiBank came to save my life. Almost cried out of relief, because no cash = no rent = no place to stay. On second thoughts maybe back to Rimouski for me in that case. Or Montreal for 2 months.

So I'm glad it's all settled. Had Cordon Bleu Schnitzel when I first came here, awesomely tasty. Then I had a horrible tube of Pringles chips for dinner. Used my fucking USD$20 to use the internet for 2 hours. Luckily today wasn't as bad, got to buy some cinnamon rolls, settled my rent, and whatnot. Also bummed in an internet-cafe for 3 hours.

More updates after the jump.

No comments: