Since arriving, been mostly trying to buy my pillow for sleeping. Kopfkissen, the German word is. Other than that, had German beers with Pascal, my local buddy, as well as Milchkaffee, a nice blend of 50/50 coffee and milk. Vastly different from kopi-c, which is milk added to coffee.
Kind soul offered me to have dinner at his place, where I helped prepare crepes and this awesome sauce with onions, tomatoes, champignons and ham with creme fraiches. Tasted awesome. Great cook, he is.
Also, just to try out what the difference is, I had some Asian food. Tastes a lot different from what I've ever eaten because of the freshness of the ingredients as well as the subtle differences between the taste of the vegetables from a totally different region. Was really good, spicy but good. Also had my first decent semi-conversation with the locals in German, albeit in short sentences.
Bought Printen, Aachener Printen to be more exact. Not really a fan of it I have to say, and I already bought 2 huge blocks. Nevertheless, these things shall last me through 2 months. Along with bananas, apples, Rittersport chocolate (awfully cheap here) and Magdalena cakes. Finally obtained a long enough Ethernet cable, didn't manage to find a headset with a microphone so I have to blare into my computer screen for people to hear me.
Just called Justaman and my parents, so life is good. Not to worry, if you were. Shame on you, if you weren't. I'm human too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment