If Singapore was a strategy game, it would be Age of Empires in Campaign mode, where I start off stuck on a small island and telling myself, "Fuck, now I have to upgrade enough to build a harbour." Eventually I do, but not before everyone starts invading me.
If Aachen was a strategy game, it would be like SimCity in tutorial mode, everything nice and neatly packed, city centres clearly outlined by the surrounding roads.
No in-between transitions from site to site, just hardcore pounding, more than enough to cause Stendhal's syndrome. Didn't quite get the chance to go to Schönbrunn Palace because I had to hurry back to the hotel to get ready for Tiesto's concert (which by the way, rocked my balls off) in the Pyramide. Perhaps my only regret going to Vienna was not taking an extra Monday off work so I could sightsee more, but I guess, like the French Laundry, some things in life are always worth leaving something to be desired.
And by the way, if West Lafayette was a strategy game, it would be DotA, because it sucks so bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment