So it's officially July 1st. The last I recalled, I skipped class on my birthday (whom I mindfucked those who can't remember to think it's on June 10th), went for some damn seminar, played pool that night with Pascal, Stephen, David and Theresa, then went home to sleep early. And of course, called Julie in the midst of all this non-busy stuff. Yes, I'm calling her by her name now because she was complaining about it.
So anyway back to my point. It's officially July now, meaning I have about 4 weeks to complete my paper, my poster and pass my German exam. And in the meanwhile travel to Liverpool to meet up with Lucy, then to Paris (provided those SOBs send me my tickets soon), and then finally to Montreal. I don't suppose I have time to squeeze in a Berlin trip, nor do I have the resources or energy. Kind of like travel fatigue is setting in.
Some people might think travel fatigue is lik getting sick of eating chocolate. Well guess what, buster, you CAN get sick of eating chocolate. Just so many things to see, so much to plan, and then you realise you don't really have a place to call home except a really dirty dorm room with dust bunnies all over the floor, the four walls all empty except for the one corner with the stolen laundry rack and your luggage half open on the floor. The sink with its burnt out bulb, the cupboard with its non-existent hangers.
On the bright side, at least in a month's time I will soon have a place where I can sleep all I want (hopefully), watch all the movies I want and cook my own food. German microwaved dinners may taste great but there's only so much Huhnerfrikassee and Rindergoulasch you can eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment