Friday, August 17, 2007

Entry 1: Genesis (in an Atheistic Sense)

It's been exactly a week since I left home, and exactly a week since I've arrived in West Lafayette. Yes, it's in Indiana, so don't come around bugging saying things like, "I thought you said you were in Indiana?! You liar!" Calm down, take a chill pill.

Pseudo-Schizo Piscean in Purdue
. For one, I am not Piscean. I just thought I'd make full use of literary devices to make it look interesting. I mean, Pseudo-Schizo Taurean just doesn't sound as good. But I'm not a Taurus anyway.

Indiana has been out of my expectations so far. Weather's hot and humid like Singapore, at least for now. It's been rain and shine, with occasional showers and cloudy skies. I've been caught in the rain at least twice now, and my bike tire's punctured. Not a good way to start college, but it has to start somehow.

Speaking of which, my roommate's a real sociable guy, or so I think. But I can't say that he definitely feels the same way about me, because I know I definitely wasn't really sociable. To be realistic, I'm already 21 and fresh out of National Service, the legal age to drink and smoke and have casual sex in America, and most of these kids are just out of high school, 18 and green. Orientation programs aren't for people like me. So most of the time, I've been spending my time in my room lazing around "getting ready for school to start".

Administrative stuff has been quite a headache, needing to cover insurance and make ID cards and get tuberculosis shots and whatnot. Then there's international students to meet, fees to pay, email to ignore and delete and things like that. Hectic days.

Truth be told, I have nothing much to say for now. When you spend most of your time as a lone Singaporean, all you crave is a hot babe and some instant laksa, which I happen to have stashed on my shelf. The babe I mean, not the laksa.

Till next time.

No comments: