Thursday, December 13, 2007

Entry 19: Chicken Soup Songs for the Emo Soul

Once in a while, you sit in your room and just wish you had a nice girl to sit beside you and watch you study Psychology. Sigmund Freud. Irving Biederman. Gestalt psychology. So you just crank up your iTunes and play emo songs and imagine yourself on a roof, drinking wine under the stars with her and talking about Jean Piaget.

Select tunes for the emo girl-less soul:
1) Sweet Diss and the Comebacks - Pam Pong

She will make up her hair, but she can’t make up her own mind
She will answer the phones, but she can’t answer her own heart
She’s the kind of girl you see, whose smile could light The Electric City
She’s the kind of girl you know that you could marry just to show you care

So, how are you Beesly? Who’s getting you down?
You know that you tease me when no one’s around everyday.

Catherine Zeta flirts, Bobblehead Joe has fireworks
The boss is already out, he’ll Schrute it up, I have no doubt.
She’s the kind of girl you’d adore, that you could make your famous cheese sandwich for.
And dance until the music stops; Look into her eyes, tell her how you feel.

So, how are you Beesly? Who’s getting you down?
You know that you tease me when no one’s around everyday.

She said ‘Swaying isn’t dancing’ and any idiot could tell you that I was crushed and what I said to her was so mean and then…
I walked away from the girl I love, the girl I need, the girl I deeply care about; the girl I want, the girl I desire, the girl I simply can’t live without

2) Starrfadu - Let It Out

Do you want to lay your head on my shoulder?
I don't mind if you cry.
Sometimes we all just need to let it out.
Just let your tears run down my arm,
so I can keep them in a blue jar.
We'll drink them later, so just let it out.
Let's take a walk just to clear our heads.
I don't mind that you're holding my hand.
You say you love me, so just let it out.
Your smile is a pleasant change from before,
when you thought that you couldn't take anymore.
Sometimes we all just need to let it out.

For this song, go YouTube "kleenex let it out". I know the search phase sounds wrong but find the proper one with this song.

Other select songs:
3) Gemma Hayes - Whole Wide World (cover of Wreckless Eric's song)
4) Keith Urban - Won't Let You Down
5) Sick Puppies - All The Same

Yeah just these 5. I don't get emo for long, just dysthymic emo moments, and then back to the Genovese case.

No comments: