Friday, December 21, 2007

Entry 20: Words

Words cannot express how fucked up I'm feeling now, and those who know me kind of well knows it takes quite a lot to make me feel fucked up.

Few days ago, the grades were published online. I woke up at 0900 hours just to login and check to make sure I had gotten what I expected, and I did. Except for one small problem: one of the columns said ENGR100: 1.00 N. Not knowing what it meant, I asked Huimin, and she told me it stood for "No Pass".

For those uninitiated, ENGR100 is only useful if: 1) you're undecided about your major; 2) really want to know more about other forms of engineering and their career opportunities, so you can make comparisons and gloat about it. I wouldn't dare to say it's totally useless, but it really is. And to make matters worse, passing criteria is based on attendance (and lessons are always so fucking early), 4 random engineering-related activities and a cross-cultural assignment.

Being a good student, I completed all activities and assignments at least a month before the deadline. Moreover, ENGR100 is the only class that I DON'T skip every week. So guess how pised I felt when I saw an "N" beside my grade. And ENGR100, for that matter. I would have felt much better if it was for Math.

So I shot an email up to every fathermotherson (contextually it is supposed to be one word) person that I felt was involved in this heinous crime, incuding my professor, the assistant, the registrar, and almost the head of engineering. I received an email that night, saying that they could not find my cross-cultural essay assignment, which was why I failed.

Now I am a paranoid person, so everyday I always login at least once to my WebCT to check my grades and any submissions, and trust me it has been there since November 6. So knowing that they made a mistake, I explained to him that I have already submitted it long ago, probably one of the first few if I might add.

Two days have passed, with me hoping that something has been done. And then they threw a spanner at me with this email:

As a result of your fall semester, we have pulled you back to First Year Engineering. I have added ENGR 100 to your spring schedule. Please check SSINFO after December 26 for a revised schedule.

It was like an orgasm, except in the wrong way. Not only did they not solve my problem, they are trying to circumvent it by putting me in that fucking class next semester again. Or maybe they just haven't done shit about it yet. (Yes I am thinking irrationally because I am pissed. Don't you girls have this excuse 25% of every month?) So after shooting my anger load I called up the department, who said they can't do balls about it. Which I don't blame them. Because it's winter break and noone's around. And I am still pissed.

In the midst of my irrational anger, I decided to watch Employee of the Month, where Jenna Fischer plays a hooker called Whisper. Wooo.

No comments: