Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Entry 21: How The Grinch Spent Christmas

Song Of The Moment: Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
Why: Because it's retro and suits my situation fine right now.

(I think I should start with these "Of The Moment" sections in my entries, either quotes or videos or songs or anything, just leave me a comment if you want me to include your whatever!)

Many people have told me on MSN that they envy me for having a white Christmas here in the States. Sometimes I just want to tell them that holidaying and living in another country are two separate issues, because when you are on holiday, when it gets really bad and fucked up you know you can always fly back. I can only hope to go back to my dorm and coop myself up in the warmth of the radiator. And the Victoria's Secrets Fashion Show 2007.

I'm glad my mom's friends were hospitable enough to let me stay over during winter break. I spent most of my time in their house reading and improving myself. Here's the books (and half-books) I've read so far:

1) Fuzzy Logic
2) Tuesdays With Morrie
3) A Course In Game Theory
4) Programming With LCC-Win32
5) Visual Prolog Tutorial

This year I spent my Christmas skiing somewhere in Wisconsin, and along the trip there it was snowing so hard my eyes were tearing from the jabbing snowflakes. Then there was a bit of hail which I think noone noticed at all. There were no hot chicks too, so don't believe everything Love Actually says. But anyway, skiing is much more tiring than I initially thought, and much scarier too. You just fly down the slopes at breakneck speed, and you have to keep your feet at approximately shoulder width so you don't lose balance and fall. But the cold weather did not dampen my spirits much, especially not after I met Robin, the bunny lift attendant. Kenneth thought that I was gay to get to know a guy, but if being gay means hooking up with a blue-eyed, long-haired hot lift attendant then I don't mind being gay. Ok that didn't come out right but yeah, she's a chick and gays are cool. Gays ski really well too, apparently.

And in between I watched a couple of new shows and movies, which I have to say were not the least bit disappointing:

1) American Dad
2) 30 Rock
3) The Cable Guy
4) Love Actually
5) Lollilove
6) Employee of the Month

Then I splurged some of my money on buying Christmas gifts for myself, because I am the kind of bastard who doesn't buy gifts for others. Trust me, I have never made an exception. Haha. So here's what I bought:

1) a white D&G sweatshirt. For the style and warmth, and that's about it.
2) Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket earphones. My iPod ones have already crumbled, and the wire jackets have split thyselves in twain. Was that even grammatically correct? I don't give a hoot.
3) stainless steel matte money clip. Because wallets just aren't stylish enough.
4) Half-Life package. Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Half Life, Team Fortress Classic. For the cold winter days when I skip Math classes.

I still have another $50 budget. Was considering either a BPM Magazine subscription or a VULVA vagina-scented spray. Yes it does exist.

Another 2 weeks before school starts. Just a couple more movies (War, I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, The Notebook, Ratatouille), Ministry of Sound albums (Clubber's Guide to Summer 2007, Clubber's Guide 2007), Victoria's Secrets Fashion Shows (2005, 2006) and 3 more ebooks (Freakonomics, String Theory and M-Theory) to finish before I start work on academia again.

GREAT SUCCESS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

to quote daryl, "the whole 'winter wonderland' thing was funny only for the first 10 minutes."

yea, 8 inch of freezing snow (in fact, i think we had a little more than that) is definitely not funny at all.

then there's the whole half week of having to trudge through the snow because nobody bothered to clear the pavements.

Cruiser said...

i'll bet david copperfield was lying when he did the snow magic trick and said he was so happy the first time he saw snow. he probably left out the hypothermia part.

Anonymous said...

Whats there to think about? Go get the vagina scented spray and make yourself smell like a female genital. You can boast that to your friends, that for one christmas you smelt like a pussy. Yeah~

Cruiser said...

u should buy it too. suits your nick name better actually. haha