.. or is it 6? I've lost count, either due to boredom or too much activity. Anyway, for a good laugh, visit http://www.planetbravon.blogspot.com, I know, shameless self-advertising but I did get a laugh reading and looking at the wonderful drawings. My brain used to work in miraculous ways. So anyway, here's to continue the monotonous day-by-day description of my itinerary.
Day 3: Met up with Huishan for lunch, where she thoughtfully suggested McDonald's. Just so you know, Ray Kroc wasn't Romanian. But one thing I have to say though, the burgers here are much bigger and taste better than in the States. Well I generalise, because I only ever ate McD's at the one near my apartment, so not much of a comparison there. Well then I went to meet Eline, Jinyong, Yanxi and Edwin (yes again) for dinner at Boat Quay. Ultimate ripoff, seeing that I paid over $200 for black pepper crab, king prawns, pandan chicken and beef. Food was so-so - I think I am slowly becoming an expat, kena cheated by restaurants all over. Well we went to Minds Cafe after that, where we played some funky 5 cherries and bananas game, and then another funky jigsaw dragon game. Then went over to Ann Siang Hill to meet up with Kenneth and Jianhong (who came late for 1.5hours despite being a recce officer.. HOW TO TRUST OUR ARMY LIKE THAT?!). Quite an eventful day.
Day 4: Thursday (I say this to remind myself of what day it is, so I can keep track). Did absolutely nothing, and I really mean nothing. Like maybe took a couple of hour-long naps and contemplated about going swimming, but basically that was it. Went to Toa Payoh and bought balls there too. Balls in the "nothing" sense, I mean.
Day 5: Met up with Charlene, Huishan, Adeline, Tat Hua (who resurrected from the dead) and Xiaowei at Riverside Indo Restaurant for dinner. I'm not sure if it's called Indo restaurant, but the food was pretty good. Had stingray, sambal kangkong, ayam panggang, chendol (way better than the one in Chicago), and some more food. Took zero photos because I was lazy to bring my camera. Went to Indochine Forbidden City after that, where we were refused entry inside because awesome me decided to wear berms and slippers, so we took a seat outside. Had a couple of cocktails before Tathua and Xiaowei left first, and then Charlene and I had second round of drinks after Adeline and Huishan left. Like they say, alcoholism transcends boundaries, and I truly agree. First up was The Clinic, where we were ripped off like expats again when we ordered calamari and 4 vodka shots for $60+. Went for shisha/hookah at Clarke Quay and had even more drinks, and then it was home time.
So more Singaporean things I have done so far:
1) Got ripped off by restaurant
2) Got ripped off by restaurant again
3) Ate black pepper crab
4) Ate stingray
5) Ate sambal kangkong
6) Ate chendol
7) Went to The Clinic
8) Went to Indochine
9) Went to Clarke Quay
10) Went to Boat Quay
11) Went to Ann Siang Hill
12) Ate at Maxwell Food Market
13) Slacked at Toa Payoh - well not really a Singaporean thing, but at least I was at Toa Payoh.
I think somewhere in between I ate a packet of chicken rice to compensate for the McSpicy meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment