Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Entry 43: Back To The Future

Yes! I am back, with my sexy and my clothes. After a long, arduous journey on dreaded airplanes, I am back in Singapore with a vengeance. Shall conquer whatever food and party places I can find within these 2+ weeks. And a particular someone just isn't online when she promised to meet me when I'm back. Bitch. I hope you get married for the rest of your life.

The Flight: The journey was pretty ok except for couple of things. (1) I only had 10 minutes to shop at Tokyo, and about 2 minutes to shop at Detroit. This makes it worthwhile to transit at different airports, because isn't the point of transitting to board fast on the next plane without being able to sightsee a little? Great job. (2) my headphone jack from Detroit to Tokyo was spoilt, meaning I was watching a Kung Fu Panda pantomime. Felt really great about my life as I realised retrospectively that I could have bawled and stomped my feet and requested for First Class. More space, more chicks. Damn. I hope the return journey will be as unlucky.

Day 1: Touched down, slept for 4 hours. Went to Vivocity with Victoria (yes Russell, YOUR Victoria haha), and spontaneously went to Coastes to have cocktails and meet up with ex-colleagues. And then we went to the Luge! Something I have always wanted to try but procrastinated, but now I'm back I rode it within 18 hours of my arrival. Awesomeness. Should have procrastinated about more things in the first place, would make this trip more eventful and worthwhile. Anyway, also bought some chilli chocolate and Rittersport Marzipan! And checked out Absinthe prices. Obscenity to the max. Prices were as high as Absinthe would get you.

Day 2: Paid my respects to my grandma at the Bishan temple. She looked peaceful in her photo, probably is peaceful in heaven as well. The Chinese heaven, that is. Where she will be reincarnated. Went for a haircut at Sengkang, and got talked into buying a can of molding clay again. The chick washing and massaging my hair was quite chio though (No I did not forget the word chio, because I use it quite often over in Purdue to communicate in code like the Navajos). And then went to Orchard to meet up with Charlene and Edwin for dinner at Sakae Sushi, where we had bo-hua sashimi and some average food. Prices were exorbitant, probably they cut the sushi with a diamond knife. Then went to meet Albert and visited his new place, as well as waste cab fare home. 7 bloody bucks.

Update: Yeah the prices were probably exorbitant because of the 2 roasted prawn heads. According to the waiter, it was "for decoration", which makes all the more sense because it was given on a separate plate. Way to go, Art Deco!

So to summarise, here the list of Singaporean things I have already done:
1) Go into HDB flat
2) Took SBS Bus
3) Took MRT
4) Took cab
5) Went to Sentosa + Luge
6) Went To Sakae Sushi
7) Loitered around in Orchard MRT, leaning on the construction wall and looking at ah lians.
8) Drank honeydew-flavoured Vitasoy
9) Drank bubble tea
10) Ate Bread Talk

Please leave suggestions for what to do in comments so I can shortlist them. And if you wanna hang out, book me in advance! Unless you are a hot babe, then probably I would put hoes before bros, like shuffle around my schedule and tell people I have family commitments. I know, pragmatism is horrible but I only have 3 weeks.

More to update tomorrow!

No comments: